Task descriptionThe candidate will sit on the trading desk and work closely with structured traders, identifying and implementing suitable pricing models across the full range of structured power and gas products. Transition pricing models from a stand alone pricing model to a real time position management tool. Embed position tools and real time price and data feeds into the E.ON system landscape and ensure efficient coding standards by using OOP principles. Developing analysis and calibration tools for all required parameters in beforementioned models and to support other structured trading business cases.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with structured traders in identifying and implementing pricing models for a variety of structured power and gas products including gas swings, gas storages, virtual power plants, transport options and transmission rights.
- Make sure that different pricing models are coherent and arbitrage free between each other and are implemented in an object-oriented manner to ensure code consistency.
- Develop calibration and analysis tools for these models and support traders in pricing of new deals.
- Integrate models and data flows into E.ON infrastructure.
- Transition pricing models into real-time position management tools for structured traders. Ensure consistency and ease of use of position management tools.
- Interface to other modelling/quant departments to ensure transferability of skills and knowledge.
- Ideally educated to university level or equivalent with a significant mathematical content and / or in Engineering, Economics, Data science or machine learning
- Expertise in derivative pricing, ideally in a commodity setting. Expertise in monte carlo methods using various stochastic processes as well as least square monte carlo optimization. Familiarity with option and spread option models.
- Advanced Python and SQL including machine learning, optimisations and advanced statistics. Web GUI development and Excel integration is a plus.
- Understanding of European energy markets and interaction of commodities / markets
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrates soft skills to be able to guide colleagues and take a leading role in the team
- Able to manage yourself and your time to be able to work under pressure and be a highly reliable contact
- Fluent in English
E.ON is united in working on the most exciting issue that our generation needs to solve climate change! With all our employees and customers, we are a global community of innovators and changemakers, all with the belief that each one of us can make a difference for our environment, for our society and for our children – We shape the future.To keep you motivated and healthy we are offering you the following benefits:
- Flexibility: hybrid work model, flexible working times, sabbatical or additional vacation opportunities allowing great work-life balance
- Working from abroad: up to 20 days in the European economic area
- Flat hierarchies: interdisciplinary and very cooperative working style providing room for own ideas
- Modern work environment: workplace according to digital and ergonomic standards
- Personal growth: life-long independent learning making use of a broad range of opportunities working with the newest technology and state of the art trainings
- Family service support: services in the areas of childcare, holiday care, nursing support or everyday assistance
- Nutrition & Health: wide selection of fresh meals and drinks in our subsidized bistro and canteen as well as various health offers (e.g. physiotherapy, flu vaccinations, mental health)
- Corporate Benefits: employee share program, pension scheme, employee discounts, special insurances (and much more)
- A central location: very good public transport connection, free parking and charging points for e-vehicles
- Individual mobility: private car and bicycle leasing
InclusionIt is important to us that people with disabilities have access to a fair application process, providing them with an opportunity to shine. Therefore, our representative body for severely disabled people will be included in the process from an early stage. Please let us know via the application form if you require technical or organisational adjustments during the application process. We will strive to make the required aids available.Should you not be able to apply online and want to speak someone in person, please contact your local recruiter.