BESIX Watpac is an Australian multi-disciplinary construction company, backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength. A wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning international contractor BESIX Group, we specialise in complex construction across all sectors, including building and infrastructure projects.Today the Group has more than $7B work in hand and is operating in 25 countries, employing 11,000 people globally. The world’s tallest tower, the iconic Burj Khalifa, showcases our innovation and engineering distinction. With international hubs located in Australia, Europe, and the Middle East, we are united by one common purpose - we excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world.
BESIX Watpac are seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator to join our highly successful Queensland construction team, leading the delivery of a correctional centre based in Woodford.The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- Tendering of subcontract packages including compilation and approval of tender documents and proposed tender list, issue of documents, receipt of tenders, comparison of tenders and submission of tender recommendations for approval.
- Prepare contract documents for each trade package/subcontract.
- In association with the Project Manager, assist with administration of subcontract packages including progress claims, variation claims and other project related financial matters.
- Participate in the submission of monthly consolidated reporting in the areas of cash flow forecasting, variation status, contractual matters and cost analysis.
- Establish an effective site or office-based system for the effective administration of projects in line with company procedures and guidelines.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the building construction industry.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business, working effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with shifting work priorities to deliver results.
Along with a competitive remuneration package and long-term opportunities for career development, our employees enjoy access to the following benefits:
- Wellbeing Days - three additional leave days per year.
- Flexible work arrangements to balance work and personal commitments.
- Awards and Recognition Program, rewarding employees who bring our values to life.
- Access to a wellbeing program including annual skin checks and flu vaccinations.
- Corporate discounts to gym memberships, meal subscriptions and more.
- Social events and Family Days.
At BESIX Watpac, we are committed to fostering a workplace where everyone is valued, supported and respected. By embracing all ages, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, education and appearance, our people feel safe, empowered, and motivated to be their best. If you’re excited about this role but don’t tick all the boxes, we encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills and believe you would be a great fit with BESIX Watpac.Join our talented and passionate team delivering once-in-a-generation projects.BESIX Watpac acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and pay respect to the Elders past, present and emerging.