Create an account to let us notify you of jobs like this one
Company DescriptionBESIX Group is the largest Belgian construction group, operating in the construction of buildings, infrastructure, environmental projects and roads. BESIX is also active in the production of raw materials, facility management, real estate development and concessions. It profiles itself as a multi-services group, from client idea to realization and operation. The Group was founded in 1909 and has grown steadily and impressively ever since. The group is meanwhile active in 22 countries and 4 continents and has 12.000 employees.In 2022 the group achieved a turnover of EUR 3.5 bn euro.
Job DescriptionBESIX Group NV/SA is the holding of a conglomerate of subsidiaries all over the world, active in the construction and other related businesses.Within the group, the business unit Concessions & Assets focuses on the acquisition, investment, operation and maintenance of diversified projects in the public and private sector (such as locks, highways, tunnels, bridges, hospitals, schools, large buildings, wastewater treatment plants, waste incinerators, solar PV parks etc.). The current projects of Concessions & Assets Europe are mostly large PPPs (Public Private Partnerships) located in Belgium and the Netherlands but different locations are also regularly considered.Within Concessions & Assets, the division Structured Finance provides the necessary support to assess the financial feasibility of, and to provide the most competitive financing on a limited recourse basis for those more complex projects of the group.To support the continuous increasing activity in this segment, we are looking for a Manager Structured Finance, who will have its primary focus on the Benelux market (with additionally and occasionally other potential assignments within Europe on a case by case basis). Reporting to the Director Structured Finance of the group, you will
- Analyse projects from a financial point of view and check their economical feasibility , supported by legal and fiscal input when necessary
- Creating business plans (including financial models,…)
- Initiate and conduct the process of the selection of potential lenders (banks, investors, insurance companies,…) for projects and negotiate with them to obtain the most competitive financial structure for a project
- Participate in and conduct the financial part of bid submissions and the road to financial close process of projects
- Work in close and permanent collaboration with the Bid Managers of C&A and its partners to optimize and structure bids and closings
- Negotiate with/collaborate with colleagues from other companies within the same consortium
- Ensure that the interests of Concessions & Assets are defended at all times
- You have by preference a master in economics, commercial engineer, civil engineer or potentially another master which has been completed by a mathematical/economical master-after-master or equivalent experience
- You have minimum 5 years of working experience in a financial environment, by preference having acquired knowledge in project finance. Also more senior profiles will be considered and welcomed appropriately.
- You feel very comfortable in Dutch speaking environments (authorities, partners,...) as well as in English speaking environments. Knowledge of French will be considered as an asset but is not a necessary condition to apply for the job opening.
- You have an analytical mind, eye for detail and a high interest in financial and economical aspects of developing new projects
- You are a teamplayer but can also work autonomously on complex tasks
- Work on the largest construction tenders brought to market as PPPs in the BeNeLux
- Exposure to projects ranging from civil works to complex buildings and renewable energy
- Become part of a team that already won >20 important PPP tender worldwide since 2008
- Direct contact with the industry’s tier-1 lending banks
- A role with high visibility to several members of the group’s Executive & Strategy Committee
- Join Belgium’s leading construction company active on 6 continents
- Future access to other roles in Finance or Business Development in Belgium or worldwide
- A competitive and à-la-carte remuneration package