About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Senior Civil Engineer - Levee DesignHDR is currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to lead engineering design and project delivery of levees and other large-scale civil engineering projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering project designs that reduce flood risk, improve flood water conveyance, and build and modify levees and dams. The Levee Design Civil Engineer will have the opportunity to develop and leverage client relationships into project and program opportunities, and coordinate multi-discipline designs involving geotechnical, structural, environmental, and hydraulics and hydrology. As a delivery leader, this individual will be called upon for managing, developing, and overseeing project staff and coordinating with various local and regional teams for project delivery needs.Primary Responsibilities: In the role of Levee Design Civil Engineer, responsibilities would include:
- Deliver project and task-level management, leading and directing technical staff for all phases of levee designs as well as a wide variety of water resource projects.
- Demonstrate leadership in applying project management principals to project delivery of water resources, dam/levee, and civil works projects.
- Lead and develop planning, analyses/studies, and engineering design including plans, specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents.
- Collect, assimilate, and present data in technical and non-technical reports.
- Active participation in HDR’s network of internal practice groups to continue to grow your capabilities as a technical leader in the marketplace.
- Assist with business development activities including development of technical scope of work, project budgets, and support client relations for marketing pursuits, and project proposals.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and promote a positive work environment, staff development, quality control, and meet program/company goals.
- Work independently in addition to planning, organizing and assisting teams of professionals and technician’s dependent on project/task.
- B.S. in civil engineering.
- Washington Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain within 6 months. Licensure in other targeted geographies will be encouraged based upon project opportunities.
- 8+ years of progressive industry experience in water resources and civil works engineering design projects, including demonstrated levee design experience. Experience in the Pacific Northwest is preferred.
- Technical expertise and relevant knowledge of water resource management projects, including flood risk management, dams and levees, and civil design from concept to construction.
- Expertise applying and/or interpreting specialized software platforms, such as AutoCAD/Civil3D, Microstation, InRoads/OpenRoads, and GIS. Experience with 3-D visualization tools is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, planning, organization, and mentoring skills.
- A positive, client service-oriented attitude and commitment to being an active participant in an employee-owned culture.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Willingness to travel periodically to support and lead project teams.
- Project Management experience a plus.
*L1-PH1Why HDR At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Washington-Bellevue
: United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-Washington-Olympia
: RegularBusinessClass: Dams Levees Civil Works
: Aug 30, 2021