DescriptionB&L has openings for a Resident Engineer (NICET IV) or a Sr. Inspector (NICET III) for the 2019 construction season. We are seeking administration/inspection staff for specific transportation projects throughout various counties in New York.
- Inspect and document daily construction activitiesPrepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Prepare/assist in preparation of monthly payment requests
- Review claims for extra work and change order costs
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
- Assist in coordination between the owner, contractor(s) and government agencies
- The ideal candidate will have highway/bridge/paving/drainage inspection experience.
- Knowledge of NYSDOT specifications and MURK procedures and protocol is required.
- Basic computer skills are necessary to utilize construction software programs.
- Recent Public Works, NYS Thruway, and DOT retirees are encouraged to apply.