Arcadis is seeking an experienced Resident Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX. In this role you will be a part of a team involved in Construction Engineering and Inspection projects. You will have the opportunity to work directly with governmental officials and private entities. Our ideal candidate is a self-driven leader and assumes direct accountability for their work. The essential duties for this job include:
- Assists CEI Project Manager in projecting personnel and equipment needed for each project; as required responds for emergency situations/conditions to assist with office activities.
- Conducts pre-construction, Employee Forum and/or safety meetings.
- Ability interpreting TxDOT/METRO construction plans, specifications and special provisions.
- Ability to use TxDOT Site Manager software to record daily activity of work in progress and status of completion.
- Determines quantities, estimates cost.
- Drives to Inspect roads within construction projects.
- Monitors traffic control plans and resolves public complaints.
- Plans and schedules work of construction personnel and/or provides them on the job training.
- Prepares and/or recommends field changes and supplemental agreements.
- Manages financial and personnel resources to achieve individual and organizational goals
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications and estimates preparation, review, processing and compliance requirements
- Construction engineering policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable inspection methods, procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of applicable testing methods, processes and procedures
- Ability to apply engineering principles, practices, methods in job responsibilities as well as analyzing, organizing business and technical data
- Communicating technical information effectively
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to a non-traditional work schedule.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment provided by employer and comply with all safety requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years in transportation engineering including 1 year as a Licensed Professional Engineer (LPE), or related graduate level education may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis.
- A valid Driver’s License at time of application
- Licensed Prof Engineer in Texas
Why Choose Arcadis? Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life. Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today. EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.