Date: Aug 6, 2021Location: Nationwide, California, United StatesCivil Railway Engineers (Multiple Positions) Transit and Rail Market Sector TranSystems provides the planning, design and construction oversight for the transportation networks that drive our nation, fueling the movement of people and goods on roads, rails, waterways and through the air. As a 100% employee owned company, we are committed to providing opportunities for growing careers by developing and advancing projects for the transportation economy. TranSystems provides transportation-engineering services across the country. Our Transit and Rail Market Sector is currently designing a number of exciting projects in both the transit and freight sectors throughout the nation. We have immediate openings for Civil Railway Engineers with between 6-20 years of experience. These candidates will work both independently and on project teams, with the opportunity to supervise staff level designers and manage projects. General Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and/or review design calculations.
- Research different design options, code requirements and present findings.
- Prepare and/or review reports, design/contract drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and/or review construction cost estimates.
- Strong client relations
- Lead and mentor staff level engineers in the performance of project tasks.
- Communicate with, and attend meetings with: clients, project team firms (subconsultants), and other project stakeholders.
- Participate in business development activities including information gathering, preliminary design (for design-build pursuits) and proposal writing.
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a 4-yr accredited college or university
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Experience with engineering design packages such as MicroStation V8i, Geopak SS2, OpenRoads and AutoCAD
- Experience working with transit properties.
- Experience working with freight railroads
- PE license
Positions Available in the Following Locations:
- Boston, MA.
- Morristown, NJ
- Philadelphia, PA
- Chicago, Ill
- Fort Worth, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Berkeley, CA
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Engineer, Business Development, Construction, Engineering, Sales, Research