DescriptionThe Staff Civil Engineer in the Energy Division will work on project teams to create world class power generation designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of power generation projects. The Staff Civil Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting civil plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Perform and ultimately lead civil design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion through construction support.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to power plants, process facilities, and industrial facilities.
- Design civil components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project and engineering managers.
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used civil engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the civil engineering services industry.
- Research and compile project related data as required by the project and engineering managers. Compiles studies and reports. Writes specifications.
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD-related software.
- Compiles information for client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of power, process, pipeline, industrial
- Performs field inspections, measurements, or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for 1-year experience.
- 3 years of civil engineering experience, consulting and power industry experience preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e. passing) FE or EIT required.
- Strong knowledge in standard civil engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving team environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills in engineering/CAD-based software (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, MathCADD), and hydraulic, hydrologic, pavement, and civil analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, leadership, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Completion of PE license is preferred