Knight Piésold is Hiring a Technical Writer/Project Assistant!About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Here’s Why a career at Knight Piesold may be the right company for you:
- 100 Years of Global Consulting Services: evidenced by our longevity as an organization, we are motivated to continue to make our company one of the best employers in the world to work for while providing our clients with exemplary service.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our administrative team members develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We recognize and reward employees for their contributions.
The Role:As the Technical Writer/Project Assistant, you will be involved in editing a variety of internal and client-facing deliverables, ranging from technical reports, proposals, and marketing materials. You will work closely with all levels within the organization to ensure accuracy and consistency across company documents.
- Proofread text for errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling and check for readability, style, and agreement with editorial policy. Suggest revisions, such as changing words and rearranging sentences and paragraphs to improve clarity or accuracy. May carry out research, confirm sources, and verify facts, dates, and statistics. In addition, may arrange page layouts of articles, photographs, and advertising.
- Verify facts cited in material and ensure that tables, text, and figures are consistent.
- Work with writers on clear communication techniques, grammar, and Knight Piésold style guides.
- Ensure documents are consistently formatted according to standard templates.
- Ensure that outgoing documents are free of errors.
- Prepare templates for letters, reports, proposals, and marketing material, and ensure consistent branding.
- Maintain Knight Piésold’s style guide based on company branding and writing support documents (hints, tips, template guides, etc.).
- Provide oversight and coordinate multiple writing projects simultaneously.
- Provide training and/or helpful tools/guides/hints/tips to staff on technical writing, as needed.
- Assist project managers on routine needs including management of daily office tasks.
- Perform document control activities including proper recording of issued and received documents maintaining document control logs.
- Assist in managing staff schedules including coordination with project managers and updating staff management system.
- Support project manager with cost projection and staff forecasting.
- Ensure compliance of processes (ISO system) and projects requirements.
- Liaison within engineering team obtaining project updates and preparing status reports.
- Coordinate with global offices and clients providing prompt, professional, and courteous support via phone, e-mail, internet systems, or in person.
- Arrange meetings, conference calls, and events by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating participants, and taking minutes as necessary.
- Coordinate field assignments including plans and itineraries, compiling documents for travel-related meetings, and coordinating visas.
- Assist project managers with project setup and project maintenance following office systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English, combined with previous writing and proofreading experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Technical Editor and/or Technical Writer, preferably within an engineering consulting industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creativity. Editors must be creative, curious, and knowledgeable in a broad range of topics. Some editors must regularly come up with interesting story ideas and attention-grabbing headlines.
- Detail oriented. One of an editor’s main tasks is to make sure that material is error-free and matches the style of a publication.
- Interpersonal skills. In working with writers, editors must have tact and the ability to guide and encourage them in their work.
- Language skills. Editors must ensure that all written content has correct grammar, punctuation, and syntax. As a result, strong language skills are essential for an editor.
- Writing skills. Editors should enjoy writing and must be excellent writers overall. They must have good knowledge of grammar and punctuation rules and be able to express ideas clearly and logically.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) and Windows Operating System.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Lightroom are preferred.
- A passion for accuracy and consistency, coupled with flexibility and enthusiasm for change.
- Detail oriented, exercises good judgment, strong organizational skills, and a multi-tasker.
- Ability to organize complex documents.
- Ability to work and collaborate with multiple authors.
- Ability to adapt editing style to a wide variety of authors, document types, and audiences.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed.
Work Schedules:While we do offer a flexible schedule arrangement, schedules are determined by production deadlines. As a result, word processors may need to modify their work schedule to meet the obligations of a publication deadline.Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $24 – 30/hour. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.--Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.