Geocomp is seeking a full-time Software Engineer in our Lab Systems Group to join our team of highly skilled engineers and programmers in our Acton, MA headquarters. You will help our team enhance and support our existing product line of automated testing stations that test soil and rock. You will help upgrade and expand the system software components that interact with the user interfaces and the embedded controllers. This is a fast-paced product and project development environment. The ideal candidate will jump in with hands-on testing and debugging experience to enhance our existing products and develop the next generation. The successful person will be results-oriented, customer-focused, and a team player helping us to meet challenging project goals. This opportunity is ideal for a person who has background in and likes to interface sensors, controllers and software to make a system perform a physical task well.When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture made up of different disciplines focused on delivering the best products using best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment to allow you to do your best work. We encourage all our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated thrive in Geocomp’s environment. Job Expectations:
- Design, program, and document software for the functional components of our Lab Systems which involve embedded control and closed-loop controls (e.g. data logging, PID control/closed-loop control, adaptive control, reporting, and UI).
- Ensure designs implement proper technologies and techniques to achieve the final objectives of the product
- Document and communicate ongoing work and design changes
- Work with the software development team, interdisciplinary engineers, IT, and other groups.
- Perform bench and lab testing and qualifications of software.
- Coordinate testing of software systems with end-user and other project team members.
- Perform software verification and validation testing
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Civil Engineering; MS/PhD preferred.
- At least one year of software development experience, preferably in a products development environment, some of which may be university project work
- Proficient skills in C/ C++/Java and Windows environment
- Working knowledge interfacing with embedded controls and user interfaces
- Knowledge in control systems and feedback loops such as PID and other adaptive control loops
- Background with automated testing systems involving sensors and controls
- MS or PhD in Software Engineering or Computer Science or Civil Engineering
- Proficient in Signal Processing such as FFT, FIR filters, and numerical processing.
- Proficient in control systems and feedback loops such as PID and other adaptive control loops
- Experience with automated testing systems involving sensors and controls
- Familiarity with device driver development
- Some knowledge in assembly language
- Experience in product development for commercial applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and stay focused on project goals
About GeocompGeocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems and data acquisition systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty-five years for production, teaching, and research around the world. Geocomp’s strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems and providing world-class testing products gives our employees many opportunities for professional development and individual growth on real-world applications. Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
- If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
- Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant