DescriptionGeocomp is currently recruiting for a Civil/Structural Instrumentation and Monitoring Technician for our Acton, Massachusetts office. Geocomp’s instrumentation and monitoring services provide implementation and operation of complex monitoring systems, to protect critical infrastructure during construction and operation.The successful candidate will be responsible for installing Geotechnical and Structural Monitoring Systems for heavy civil infrastructure projects. Duties include field and office work associated with installing and monitoring performance monitoring equipment, including:
- Assembling instrumentation and dataloggers
- Programming dataloggers
- Installing instrumentation in the field
- Downloading and reducing field data
- Producing reports
- Coordinating and communicating with clients, subcontractors, and others
- Other support activities, as needed
The candidate should be technology minded and have a desire to learn on the job. Geocomp will consider both entry level and experienced applicants. The position offers great potential to grow within an internationally acclaimed instrumentation and monitoring group. QualificationsRequired Experience
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Relevant educational or work experience in sensors, mechanical, geotechnical and/or structural engineering
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Must be able to work with teams and individuals of varying work styles
- Up to 25% average travel (domestic) may be required over the course of a year.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- United States work authorization is required.
- Field construction experience
- EIT Certification
- GIS and CAD software experience
- Instrumentation installation and monitoring experience
Physical DemandsThe candidate must have the ability to climb ladders and lift/carry up to 50 lbs. This position may require work performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of 10 feet. Some of the work may be performed in the field where exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of construction equipment may apply. About Geocomp:Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp’s strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
- Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting