DescriptionJob Expectations:As a Sr. Project Manager in this role, you will have the opportunity to help our growing Geo-structural Practice and be involved in a variety of technically challenging projects. The primary focus for this role will be managing existing client relationships and project opportunities as well as developing new client relationships and project opportunities. This role will also be responsible for providing technical leadership, mentoring, developing graduate and young engineers along with providing project direction and senior review. Works collaboratively with management and clients to solve the client’s problems in all of their interactions.Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Work collaboratively with other senior members of Geocomp team to interact with clients, engineering firms, developers, public agencies, and contractors to develop project opportunities
- Marketing and business development
- Maintain and expanding our client database
- Identify the potential for new projects and seeks opportunities to promote the company’s services on an ongoing basis
- Visit sites periodically throughout engineering and construction activities to interface with Clients and contractors to identify potential opportunities.
- Effectively manage geotechnical engineering projects of varying size and complexity to meet client and company expectations
- Prepare and review geotechnical engineering analyses including, but not limited to, bearing capacity, settlement, support of excavation, lateral earth pressure and slope stability
- Leading and mentoring a team of geotechnical engineers and project managers
- Prepare and review engineering proposals, reports, and designs with appropriate professional standards of care and responsibility
- Develop and maintain a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering projects
- Participation in applicable professional industry societies and committees
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering, or related field.
- Project management skills commensurate with years of experience
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in NY or NJ or the ability to obtain license in the next year
- Strong soil mechanics, foundation, and support of excavation engineering knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work and lead project teams
- Demonstrated client liaison and business development skills
- Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to think critically and problem solve.
About Geocomp:Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.