DescriptionGeocomp has an entry-level opportunity for an Inventory and Logistics Clerk to join our Products group in Acton, MA. This role will have several duties crossing different areas taking into account the abilities and interests of the new hire: including inventory control, purchasing, logistics, shipping/receiving, and some sales support. The qualified candidate will be trained to operate our ERP system.Responsibilities will evolve once the training period is completed and will include:
- Learn to maintain and operate the ERP system (FMIS) with correct part number, description, and pricing information.
- Place orders of appropriate amounts on time to maintain production schedules.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure accurate purchase order information and detailed delivery schedule.
- Receive orders physically and record electronically via ERP system (FMIS)
- Dispatch the inventory on the ERP system (FMIS)
- Generate pick lists and packing slips via FMIS.
- Create and complete work orders on the ERP system (FMIS) and track inventory movements while Work-In-Progress (WIP) and Finished Good (FG)
- Take photos of the items on order (before shipment and packed) to ensure the order is complete.
- Pull accessories for orders.
- Prepare paperwork.
- Generate and control the documentation for outgoing and incoming items from and to Products.
- Coordinate freight shipping both international and domestic and handle small package shipping both international and domestic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid organizational skills, detail orientation, and ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work with teams and individuals of varying work styles
- Skilled in using MS Office (Word, Excel: v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Self-starter who can work independently and exercise judgment regularly with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior work experience supporting engineers and technical staff
- Experience with Deltek
- Experience with ERP systems (experience with FMIS is a plus)
Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant