Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms. Langan is seeking a Surveyor to join its collaborative team in any of our Miami Lakes, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, or West Palm Beach, FL locations. This individual will serve a key function in working on small and large-scale projects with a team, preparing site or building information models and CAD deliverables. In this role, you will gain land surveying experience working with commercial, retail, and residential properties within the local region. The successful candidate shall share our passion for the challenge of merging the art of science and mapping. Job Responsibilities:
- Collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment and software;
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, and aerial photographs to assess project needs and assist in project approach;
- Assist in recovery of survey control and monumentation, construction layout, obtaining invert and subsurface utility information, and photo documentation of the project area;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School diploma or higher required; Bachelor’s degree in Surveying preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in topographic, boundary, utility survey, construction layout, GPS;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD required, Carlson and Leica processing software experience a plus
- Familiarity with current local, state, and surveying regulations;
- Strong CAD and computer skills (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Terramodel, Carlson, etc.);
- Proficient mathematical ability;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to participate in field work and work during evenings and/or weekends, when necessary;
- Excellent speaking, written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.