Create an account to let us notify you of jobs like this one
Field Technician (OSP) – Colorado Springs, CO Responsibilities:
- Engineering of underground/aerial telecom design.
- Field design changes and redlines
- Familiarity of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), electric utility construction standards, and telephone, cable and other communication facilities.
- Identify potential problems that could cause construction issues.
- Perform field data collections Perform measurements of various elements including pole dimensions, directional azimuth of all conductors emanating from a pole, heights of all attachments, span lengths of conductors and service drops, etc.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A Bachelor’s of Associates degree preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in field utility/telecom inspection or design experience.
- Able to interpret and explain applicable regulations, statues, plan specifications and administrative functions.
- Physically able to perform field work which requires working in hot and cold weather while handling equipment weighing approximately 40 pounds.
- Production minded, able to complete daily requirements.
- Demonstrate good technical skills associated with telecom construction and joint use projects.
- Accuracy, quality and completeness and schedule adherence can be independently maintained by you, and measured by others.
- Able to accurately perform basic measuring of heights, distances and angles.
- Enscicon offers Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits, 401k, and annual bonuses.