Create an account to let us notify you of jobs like this one
- Make difficult mechanical, electrical, and refrigeration and air-conditioning repairs, requiring journeyman skills, to plant machinery and equipment.
- Adhere to all safety requirements as posted on the job safety card.
- Receive daily work assignments from the department supervisor.
- Maintain all job documentation, forms, labor vouchers, instruction sheets, etc., where accuracy and timeliness are paramount.
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment when maintenance work is complete.
- Ability to work from complex machine drawings, electrical sketches, charts, tables
- Install casts in hearths, furnace doors, fluid beds and arches.
- Assist in the movement of furniture, equipment, or other machinery where special rigging or heavy duty moving equipment may be required.
- Repair equipment with electric or gas welding, cutting metal with torches as necessary.
- Attend and successfully complete fork truck training.
- Successfully complete training in the operation of the front loader machine.
- Thread or join gas pipe which may require silver soldering, bending and fitting of pipe to close tolerances.
- Able to perform all types of electrical repair and installation from the routine to the complex.
- Capable of repairing pneumatic and hydraulic equipment including regulators, controls, and cylinders where honing may be required.
- Shall be certified to perform all required HVAC operations.
- Must attain E.P.A. certification to level II for refrigerant recovery within a minimum of twelve (12) months.
- Can perform all the functions of handling hazardous waste, including neutralization and discharge of waste water, muriatic acid, hydrofluoric acid, and other wastes used or generated in the building.
- Capable of certifying all temperature measuring units in use.
- Attend and successfully complete hazardous material / waste handling classes.
- Attend and successfully complete lockout / tag out training classes.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned.
Special Skills Required:
- Two + years on the job training as a maintenance technician or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read and understand detailed machine drawings and electrical blueprints.
- HVAC certified.
- Possess a current Missouri driver’s license.
- Must acquire or own working mechanics hand tools.
- Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to perform the physical demands of the job.