Job Description Summary
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Job Overview:This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.Essential Responsibilities:In this role you will:
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
- Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
- Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
- Leads the architecture and design of Dashboards for a developer platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
- Must have 5+ experience in designing, setting up and management of application platform in production environment
- Experience in Cloud Foundry is a must
- Experience in Bosh for Cloud Foundry setup automation will be preferred
- Experience in setting up platform monitoring and setting up alerts/dashboards in Splunk
- Experience in AWS. Engineers with AWS solution architect professional certification will be preferred
- Strong hands-on experience with various programming languages – GoLang, Python, Java, Shell script
- Proven experience with DevOps practices and technologies in a software-defined infrastructure environment, delivering Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)
- Linux/Ubuntu experience
- Experience in OS virtualization and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes will be added advantage
- Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals
- Manage operational needs for scaling our PAAS services platform
- Proficient in authoring and presenting architectural documents and diagrams
- Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
- Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
- Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
- Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes