As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Due to our continued growth BESIX Watpac are looking to hire a couple of Senior Estimator/Cost Planners to either be based in our Victorian HO or a recent major project win. Duties include;
- Perform a key role within the Estimating team, ensuring that all aspects relating to resources and costs have been considered
- Maintain an understanding (and associated cost) of current and emerging construction techniques, products and methodologies.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with major suppliers, subcontractors, government authorities, clients and industry consultants where continual contact is important in the achievement of the company's objectives.
- Utilisation of industry software to present cost plans and tenders in a clear and concise format.
- Preparation of tenders on the basis of D&C, GMP, Turnkey and other forms of contract
- Assist the team in negotiating tenders, conditions, etc
- Collation of cost data directly from industry suppliers, subcontractors and completed projects.
- Monitor project costs and provide cost alternatives as required
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in a relevant discipline together with solid experience in cost planning/estimating experience
- Clear understanding of industry construction techniques and proficient and proven skills in industry software
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through development of productive relationships with colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Our benefits include;
Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.I'm interested