Location: Cork, Cork
Job ID: PPS000202Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Your Impact:About the opportunity:Jacobs Highways discipline has developed an enviable reputation in Ireland. Our projects involve working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities and government, throughout Ireland and the UK.We are looking for talented people to join our Ireland Highways team to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to progress your career.We work extensively with high-profile clients including the National Transport Authority (NTA), Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) and Local Authorities throughout Ireland. Some of our recent nationally and regionally significant project wins include:
- Dublin BusConnects – Core Bus Corridor Infrastructure Works;
- Dublin MetroLink;
- Cork Light Rail Transit:
- Dunkettle Interchange;
- N2 Ardee to Castleblayney:
- N21 Newcastle West and N21 Abbeyfeale;
- N22 Farranfore to Killarney;
- N59 Maam Cross;
- N69 Listowel Bypass; and
- N4 Sligo upgrade.
We have an opportunity for an ambitious Principal Highways Engineer with extensive previous experience to complement our current teams located in Dublin and Cork. You will become an integral part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in Ireland and the UK.As a Principal Highways Engineer you will be involved in delivering a wide range of transportation projects for various high-profile clients across Ireland and the UK. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- You will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
- You will resolve technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress;
- You will manage the delivery of projects in accordance with TII PMGs;
- You will be responsible for scheme procurement, including the preparation of contract documents, administering tender processes and preparing recommendations for tender award;
- You will write technical reports as well as other reports for non-technical audiences, such as public consultation reports;
- You will visit site locations, reviewing scheme designs collaboratively with our clients and internally with other Jacobs disciplines.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A leading approach to health and safety in all things;
- A degree in Civil Engineering;
- Chartered Member of Engineer’s Ireland or equivalent;
- Minimum ten years’ Experience in the highways sector including the delivery of projects in accordance with TII PMGs;
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects being delivered by teams at various geographical locations both in Ireland and overseas;
- Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and within budget;
- Experience of budget management, financial performance and familiar with current industry best practice.
- An understanding of BIM.
- Previous knowledge and experience of TII and NTA projects.
- A desire to challenge established practices to identify new and more effective ways of working.
- An interest in the use of new and emerging technologies to develop innovative solutions to highways problems.
Why Jacobs?We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here. Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.#biireland21At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.