DescriptionConstruction Materials Technician Interns will develop the skills, certifications and experience needed to successfully perform all the duties of Civil Materials Technician I within 1 year. Technicians perform standard soil, asphalt and concrete testing in the field and in our internal materials testing laboratory. Materials testing for geotechnical, transportation construction, and roadway projects will be performed at various locations throughout Colorado.
This is a paid, full-time position.
- Perform soil, concrete and asphalt testing in the field and laboratory using the approved methods, under supervision.
- Interact professionally and positively with client representatives, business partners, and co-workers at project sites or in the lab
- Adhere to all safety and protective equipment policies, demonstrating safe work practices
- Adhere to requirements of Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Must be able to accept guidance and direction from senior personnel.
- Move/lift/transport material samples from collection site to testing site.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, legible records (written and electronic) of required testing results
- Ability to obtain and maintain current certifications as required for position.
- Maintain assigned equipment and vehicles according to company procedures
- Perform other related assignments as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills and functionality in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic math skills
- Maintain required qualifications for operation of company vehicles, including valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Ability and willingness to travel and work throughout Colorado to project sites and for extended periods when needed
- Ability to work nontraditional or extended hours if necessary, to comply with testing requirements and/or to meet project deadlines.
- College coursework in construction management, civil engineering or a related field a plus
- Previous experience in materials testing and/or highway construction
- Familiarity with soils, asphalt and concrete field and/or laboratory materials testing procedures
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and willingness to perform all technician responsibilities
- Current or previous certifications in CAPA A and B, ACI Field Testing, and/or WAQTC Embankment & Base In Place Density
- Familiarity with AASHTO and ASTM testing methods
- Work locations include road construction sites and field offices with regular exposure to all types of weather conditions during field work
- Some work in lab environment
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent use and transportation of nuclear gauge. Participation in monitoring program required.
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided)
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
Rocksol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to participate in drug and alcohol screening prior to and throughout the duration of their employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity