If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Environmental Engineer or Scientist in our contaminated site assessment and remediation practice in Huntington Beach, CA, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, remediation/treatment system operation and maintenance, and drilling and contractor oversight;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Groundwater, soil, and soil vapor remedy evaluation, cost estimation, design calculations, and implementation;
- Performing hydrogeological, environmental, and geotechnical field investigations and preparing site characterization reports;
- Environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permitting;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
- Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR, and other training, as well as medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our employees to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 60%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our employees to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering or geology. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering or geology. (preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification, if applicable. (preferred for engineering candidates)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior research experience in contaminated media or remediation technology. (preferred)
- Prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access, ArcView, Modflow, and/or EVS. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm. Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/ We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.