The Wind Site Supervisor for the Willow Creek Wind Farm in Newel, SD will be responsible for all wind farm operations. You will focus on performance and profitability and development of the operating plan. In this role, you will develop strategy for improved maintenance, diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service.
In addition, the Wind Site Supervisor for Willow Creek Farm will be involved in operations and maintenance, trouble shooting activities and be required to complete all necessary training for EHS climb certification.
As the Wind Site Supervisor for Willow Creek, you will:
- Direct all Wind farm operations at the site for maintenance and repair, focusing on performance and profitability
- Develop a multi-year operating plan and profitability forecast
- Develop strategy for improved maintenance diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service
- Direct the performance of Wind Field Operation within assigned contractual scope of responsibilities to customers and develop opportunities for out of scope transactional work
- Present a positive professional face of GE in the community and with the customer
- Recruit, develop, retain and manage personnel resources at sites driving professional standards and matrix development of personnel
- Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely financial reporting
- Maximize availability of turbines per contract requirements
- Integrate the operations perspective into all job proposal initiatives with the elimination of liquidated damages and development of new revenue streams
- Work closely with internal GE users to develop and implement Operation focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and financials
- Conduct work in compliance with GE operational procedures, EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) policies and procedures, and applicable OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations
- Drive excellence in employee safety practices and culture
- Participate in and Lead Business Lean Six Sigma process
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field services role)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a field services and/or a leadership / supervisory role
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license and willingness to submit to a check of driving record
- Ability and willingness to climb towers up to 300 feet
- Ability to meet specific OSHA weight limits of 250 to 300 lbs max
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Previous managerial and/or supervisory experience with field operations or as a Wind Site technician or Field Engineer
- Wind turbine or power generation equipment experience
- Experience with field service technology and processes
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and WEB technology
- Proven record of P&L (Profit & Loss) responsibilities and direct report experience
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to lead a team
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;South Dakota;Newel, Other;