As a leader in ultra-supercritical steam technology, GE continues to push the limits of our best-in-class steam technology even further. With higher steam parameters and higher efficiency rates, GE is the first-to-market with advanced ultra-supercritical technology. Specializing in boiler, gas, steam and environmental components, our service center offers on-site inspection, repair, and engineering.
Responsible for processes and procedures that drive customer satisfaction, quality, fulfillment, and direct material productivity savings. You will work within a manufacturing environment to evaluate and identify areas for improvement and implement these improvements. Assignment categories in GE Steam Power include, but are not limited to:
Field Services Support Intern:
- Provide assistance with development of metrics & dashboards for future demand & staffing
- Work with Outage End2End process & Outage readiness – learn the process & Work with P&Ls on Outage readiness
- Work with Resource Managers to analyze staffing needs and assist with the staffing process
- Develop draft staffing & training guidelines and process flow maps to ensure consistency in the staffing & training needs
- Identification process G25
Outage Planning Intern:
- Outage Planning
- Readiness to Service, which is a critical aspect of outage planning
- Outage Productivity Improvement Program
- Help CSMs (customer service managers) develop outage work scopes and costs leveraging prior outage reports, recommended maintenance, per O&M manuals, unit configurations and cost histories/standards
- Work with CSMs and RTS team to identify potential, additional outage scope & risk and define plans & contingencies to ensure outage team is ready to support all potential work with minimal impact to customer
- Create workflows for OSS & LES to support resource allocations
- Support Nuclear LAT (outage resource planning) process & meetings with resource demand
- Support development of Value Stream Maps and Lean activities related to standard outage scopes
- Update bidding standards (work scopes, costing standards, schedules) based on outcomes of Value Stream Mapping & Lean activities
- Support implementation of best practices for tooling, methods & site logistics across the North America Nuclear team/fleet
- Must have one to two semesters left prior to graduation and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an engineering discipline as listed below.
- Following majors accepted:
Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Coatings Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Welding Engineering, Other Engineering.
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding).
- Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com/campus interview to be considered
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
- Strong commitment to career in engineering or manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable initiative and leadership abilities
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Change agent and process oriented
- Works productively in a pressurized environment
- Listens, consults others and communicates proactively
- Geographic flexibility
Location: Windsor, Connecticut
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).