GE Power Conversion division provides Electrical power conversion systems for various renewables, industry, marine, and Oil & Gas applications. Typical scope includes MV & LV drives, motors, transformers, E-house, switch gear, and control as well as the associated power systems engineering. In this role you will be responsible for project execution, basics of engineering using control theory, variable frequency drive technology, and system integration.
- Form part of a multi-disciplined team to deliver drive systems, ensuring customer and project
requirements are met.
- Learn specific knowledge in the area of drive control systems
(i.e. transformers, drives, motors,
generators, cabling etc).
- Learn specialist knowledge in the area of steel rolling
and PLC automation, marine
propulsion/automation systems, and the oil and gas sector.
- Learn the Systems
business to assure system and component designs meet customer
requirements based on customer Request For Proposal (RFQ)
- Support and
coordinate with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, services,
global engineering, and systems engineering
- Support New Product Introduction
(NPI), fulfilment, and commissioning
- Communicate progress to local
- Work with Mentor to learn and develop required skill
- Ensure that all customer, reliability, contract and regulatory technical
requirements on allocated
projects are met.
- Learn about the coordination of engineering design teams to
meet system & project objectives in
terms of quality, cost and schedule (on time delivery).
- Learn to identify and
manage technical risks on the projects and ensure mitigation plans are in
- Learn to support an environment of continual improvement, which
includes leading lessons learnt
activities and providing continual feedback to the engineering design
- Comply with GE EHS
DATES: January to May 2021 (Spring); May to August 2021 (Summer);August to
December 2021 (Fall); *Co-Op opportunities to be staffed and defined as applicable
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Completion of minimum three terms of college (start at end of
Sophomore year or after Fall term of Sophomore
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must submit your application for employment through
gecareers.com/campus interview to be
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to develop
and maintain good customer relationships
- Must have reliable transportation and a
valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United
States for this opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
- •Candidate has
interest in application engineering of power systems or power converter/inverter
- •Candidate has interest of system integration and working on multidiscipline projects
- •Experience developing software using Matlab/Simulink and
- •Good communication skills.
- •Good report writing and
- •Good personal organisational
- •Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and
- •Willing to travel to customer sites when required by project
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Pennsylvania;Cranberry Township;