At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
IntroductionAre you a service-minded person with diplomatic skills who likes to deal with a variety of tasks? Do you enjoy working in an international environment? Then take to opportunity to join the Teams and Collaborations Section in CERN’s Finance and Administrative Processes Department! Take part!FunctionsAs Financial Support Officer in the Teams and Collaborations Section, you will:
- Prepare financial analysis, controls and financial reports.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls.
- Control, approve and process reimbursement claims according to established deadlines.
- Provide advice and assistance to international visiting scientists on reimbursement rules and procedures applicable at CERN.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries from global stakeholders.
- Provide a service-minded and diplomatic approach to persons with varied cultural backgrounds and positions ranging from students to Directors of Research Institutes and officials from Funding Ministries.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Finance, Business Administration or a related field.Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with financial analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with customer relations in an international environment.
- Demonstrated experience in approving and processing reimbursement claims.
- Demonstrated experience from working in a financial service.
- Financial reporting and analysis.
- Customer service.
- Accounting control and analysis: in particular Receivables accounting.
- Use of accounting tools.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures.
- Achieving results: Delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations. Having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind. Being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt.
- Demonstrating accountability: Working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises. Treating others fairly and equally. Standing up for own opinion and actions with well substantiated arguments.
- Working in teams: Building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships. Working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: Demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively. Ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented. Checking to ensure that the message has been well understood.
Language skills:Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and / or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 18.10.2020Employment ConditionsContract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.Job grade: 4-5Job reference: FAP-EF-TC-2020-108-LDBenchmark Job Title: Financial Support OfficerPlease make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further