Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow. We’re looking for a developing Environmental Scientist, Engineer or Geologist to work on environmental investigation, remediation and compliance projects for government and private-sector clients.
Based in Honolulu, you’ll work with experienced scientists, engineers and project managers who are ready to mentor you. You’ll gain valued field experience in soil, groundwater and surface water sampling as well as drilling and subcontractor oversight. You’ll lead field logistics and site reconnaissance efforts, oversee contaminated site investigations and remedial action activities, and implement in-situ remedial technologies. You’ll balance your field work with some time spent in the office working on data interpretation and visualization, field log processing, report writing and coordination of logistics for field activities. Safety will be your priority, as you contribute to “incident free” operations and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety in everything you do.
Kick off your environmental career at Jacobs - where we’ll empower you to learn and grow as you deliver environmental projects that make our world better.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geology or hydrogeology, environmental science, environmental engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the environmental field, preferably in consulting
- Knowledge and experience with various media (e.g., soil, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water and sediment) investigations, data assessments and evaluations, and remediation technologies
- Knowledgeable in field work methodology and procedures typically used in the environmental industry
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification or the ability to attain this certification
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Located in Hawaii or previously located in Hawaii
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and dedication to solving problem for our clients
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- General knowledge of site remediation and regulations including State of Hawaii SCP, CERCLA and RCRA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification; OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Awareness Training
- Experience with the Esri suite of software, including:
- Desktop: ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene Online: Portal, ArcGIS
- Online, Web App Builder Apps: Collector, Explorer, Survey123, GeoForms
- Server: ArcGIS Server, SDE
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.