At Draper Aden Associates, Lasting Positive Impact™ is more than a slogan, it represents and embodies our core culture and belief that each day gives us an opportunity to leave our mark on the world.
With more than 45 years of experience providing civil, environmental, geotechnical, solid waste, and structural engineering, surveying and subsurface utility engineering, site planning and engineering, and construction inspection services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we are more than just a set of plans; we are a way to achieve.
Draper Aden Associates is currently seeking a Structural Technician to join our Structural Division in our Richmond, VA office.
POSITION SUMMARY Draper Aden Associates, a leader in adapting and developing new technology in building construction, is seeking a structural engineering technician experienced in Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. The position offers the opportunity to join a team of engineering professionals involved in the design and construction of projects in Virginia and North Carolina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty meeting external and internal client expectations.
· Responsible for developing 3-dimensional computer models and 2-dimensional drawings of structures. The person in this position will be working with base design models provided by architects and with point clouds of existing building conditions provided by surveyors.
· Assist engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors in developing 3-dimensional computer models of structures.
· Prepare models in Revit and drawings in AutoCAD
· Understand the building elements and systems in the models and drawings being prepared.
· Maintain safe working environment.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR SKILLS
· Minimum of 2 years of experience with Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD
· Experience in creating models from point cloud data (Scan to BIM) a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Other related training
Draper Aden Associates promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing. Draper Aden Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer who looks forward to helping people build long-term successful careers within our organization.