Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, and the Lower Hudson Transit Link project in New York State. During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup is looking for an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer with two or more years of relevant experience to join our New York City office team. The successful candidate will share our passion for delivering successful and sustainable project outcomes that help ‘shape a better world’. You should have experience in the planning, design, system development, integration and delivery of technology within complex transportation operational environments.
As an ITS Engineer at Arup, you will work as part of an integrated team to support ITS technical input into transportation planning and delivery projects. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Condition assessments of existing ITS infrastructure and assets
• Technology lifecycle planning
• Development of Concept of Operations documents
• Development of ITS system requirements and design documentation
• Presenting designs for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Review technical documentation and ITS technology specifications/cut sheets;
• Support of ITS system testing and verification and user validation activities
• ITS technical expertise input into Transportation master planning
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes
• Participating in local Professional Associations
• Participation in Arup ITS research activities including drafting of papers and representing Arup at industry conferences
• Using industry specific modeling software to evaluate ITS deployments and related benefits
• Master’s degree in civil engineering, systems engineering, electrical engineering or related field
• Two or more years of experience in the transportation sector
• Experience with some of the following transportation technology: Advanced Traffic Management Systems, Connected Vehicles, Electronic Toll Collection, CCTV surveillance systems, electronic signage, traffic detectors, automated incident detection, video wallboards, transport based telephony, Automatic Vehicle Locators (AVL), Traffic Signals, Transit Signal Priority, Adaptive Signal Control and communication networks
• Familiarity with current and emerging best practices on the design, delivery and operation of Intelligent Transportation Systems, Smart Mobility technology, Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) systems, High Occupancy Tolling (HOT) roads and Traffic Management Centers.
• Certification as EIT, CCNA is a plus
• Basic knowledge of ArcGIS including the ability to map and query data.
• Ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams and maintain a high level of communication.
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.