At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform general analysis and prepare reports to support business operations. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other general financial and operational analysis. Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ).Research and provide statistical financial and operational information. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Develop and organize performance reports for both internal and external use. Contribute to the development of short-term and long-range business planning. Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support and contribute to the development of short-term and long-range business planning. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e. g. , operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc. ).
- Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
- Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ).
- Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform analysis of the operations cost elements to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Prepare and analyze detailed standard and non-standard reports.
- Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit.
*** Posting Notes**
Project Management, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP's, IF statements, Macros, PowerBi, PowerApps, and SQL is preferred. Familiarity preparing monthly and full-year reports and have an understanding of AS8 (Asset Suite 8) – mainly the contract management/invoicing functions
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering AND 2-5 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 6-10 years relevant business experience is required.
- General understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e. g. , asset management, electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
- General proficiency in standard software applications (e. g. , Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e. g. , workforce management, project management, PassPort, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, voice response unit, automatic call distributors, work management, outage management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
- Ability to provide general analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
- General analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis.
- Experience in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- General knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
- Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Bachelors degree and some relevant post-undergraduate coursework.
- This is an individual contributor position that woks under general supervision and frequently performs non-routine work.
- This position is expected to resolve most questions and problems through interaction with internal and/or external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers, and staff across the organization, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- On occasion, may mentor less experienced colleagues.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster