At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable building engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 16,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
BIM Designers play a critical role in delivering high quality data enriched models and the resulting drawings to our clients. Within the Arup team, this involves overall project planning, detailed design development and coordination between all disciplines, managing and adhering to office/client BIM standards. BIM Designers are at the forefront of all digital innovations within the office and must be able to implement new tools on the fly and train others to do the same.
Our Los Angeles office is looking for an Electrical BIM Designer to contribute to a variety of exciting buildings projects with the following skills and qualifications:
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Use Revit MEP for electrical system design and documentation.
• Use AutoCAD for 2D drawing creation and design.
• Create and own the electrical layout for projects in 3D.
• Take responsibility for own work produced to a high standard.
• Work from Engineer’s markups and sketches under minimum supervision.
• Ensure outputs meet the required standards and meet agreed deadlines.
• Proficient with 3D Design - Revit MEP
• Proficient with 2D Design - AutoCAD
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in the building electrical engineering field
• Work under minimal supervision with defined areas of responsibility
• Proven ability to design basic electrical systems and draft
• Basic understanding of electrical systems (lighting and power)
• Ability and willingness to learn new programs
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Ability to work extended hours to meet project deadlines
• Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
• Good planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Good communication skills are essential for team-based working
Benefits - Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.