Black & Veatch is seeking a Civil Engineer to join a growing water/wastewater team in our Phoenix office. This position will be responsible for civil discipline design elements for municipal water and wastewater treatment facility projects and provide support to larger teams for design of more complex projects in the Southwest region. This role will offer a wide variety of individual project assignments to develop technical knowledge and leadership skills. Some assignments may require occasional travel to other Black & Veatch offices.
• Prepare detailed engineering reports, studies, and supporting documents.
• Prepare project drawings, specifications, and opinions of cost.
• Perform complex, detailed design engineering calculations.
• Apply standard design principles and concepts and ensure all design products are in compliance with applicable engineering codes and Black & Veatch policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with multi-discipline teams in the execution of project scope.
• Lead project teams to achieve project delivery in a timely manner with a focus on quality while exceeding client expectations.
• Provide creativity and ideas for marketing and pursuit opportunities.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years experience - Water/Wastewater
• Arizona PE
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.