At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR currently has an opening for a Dam, Levee & Civil Works Project Manager to join our Colorado based Dam, Levee and Civil Works Team. Our team focuses on the design of major civil works programs including upgrades, improvements, design, planning and construction of dams, levees, and water conveyance infrastructure.
• Seeking growth oriented Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with 10 to 15+ years of experience for project and client management activities. Project management will be for all phases of a project including planning, design, construction, and program management.
• Demonstrate leadership in applying project management principals to project delivery of complex dam, levee, and civil works projects
• Dam design management including geotechnical, structural, civil, and hydraulic components.
• Conduct analyses to develop alternatives, design options, or recommendations for dam, levee, and civil works projects
• Prepare cost estimates, design drawings, and specifications for projects.
• Collect, assimilate, and present data in technical and non-technical reports.
• Lead client management and the technical development of project proposals and cost estimates
• Work independently in addition to planning, organizing and assisting teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil or Geotechnical) required.
• Colorado PE registration required or the ability to receive your PE within 6 months.
• 10 to 15+ years of progressive experience in dam, levee and civil works engineering projects is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of dam, levee, and civil works engineering tools and techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and good internal review processes.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Master of Science in civil engineering, structural or geotechnical or related field.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Demonstrated experience leading dam and civil works design projects from conceptual to construction.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.