With more than 10,000 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network.
GHD has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Remediation Engineer in our Concord office.
Senior Remediation Engineer
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Professional Engineer (PE), who is an accomplished seller/doer and technical lead to join GHD in the Bay Area, or the Sacramento Area. The right candidate will provide technical leadership on soil and water investigation and remediation projects, client and project management, and manage and mentor staff.
Qualified individuals should have a strong history managing clients, and a strong current network of contacts in California. Business development responsibilities will include identifying opportunities at existing and new clients, making presentations, attending local association meetings, and scoping projects.
The position requires project management experience managing contaminant investigation and remediation projects. The selected individual will be responsible for project planning and corrective action planning, execution of selected remedy, including the development of conceptual designs, work plans, reports, permits, proposals, and construction management including setting budgets, project planning and scheduling, materials procurement, equipment selection, invoicing and cost control.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Conduct business development and marketing efforts to strategically support and grow the environmental assessment and remediation practices
• Proposal preparation, including estimating work scope and price, and presentation process and managing client relations with key accounts
• Strong client and project management experience as well as supervisory experience in mentoring team members in their technical and career development
• Design, evaluate, and implement site remediation programs (AS/SVE, DPE, ISCO, etc.)
• Oversee and manage projects with local, State, or Federal agency oversight from concept to completion
• Ensure production of high quality technical work plans and reports with a focus on accuracy, clarity and QA/QC
• Ensure quality client services, and clarity of work products and projects while promoting and integrating companywide initiatives and values
• Prepare and manage budgets and schedules to meet the clients goals and expectations
• Coordinate closely with senior personnel throughout the West Coast to ensure consistency in staff management and advancement, work implementation, marketing and client development, and consistency with company business goals and needs
• Maintaining a high profile externally and through membership/ attendance in industry functions to build, maintain and expand strong relationships with clients, regulating agencies, and municipalities
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and GHD’s SMART Health & Safety program to support a safe work environment for all.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• BS and a minimum of 10 years of environmental engineering experience
• California P.E. with demonstrated soil and groundwater assessment and remediation experience
• OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training (current)
• Strong project management, detail-oriented, organization, and strong time management and technical skills
• Highly motivated with excellent technical writing and documentation skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Experienced in material/services procurement, subcontracting, request-for-proposal response, proposal development and associated negotiations
• Capable of producing high quality products on schedule and within budgets
• Knowledge of current and emerging California groundwater policies and procedures
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.